This is the bike that changed everything. Ducati’s 916 won more World Superbike titles than any other machine, but more than that, it taught a generation that torque and traction were as important as brute horsepower. Small, like a 250cc race bike, torquey like a big-twin should be but raw, aggressive and stunningly accurate through any corner. Ducati’s 916 was the bike of the 1990s.
Oh, and it happens to be the most beautiful motorcycle ever made too. A cast-iron, guaranteed future classic, no question.
Competition ends on December 31st 2019. Terms and conditions can be found at the bottom of this page.
Whether you’re looking to insure your modern classic or your vintage bike, our insurance for classic bikes comes with optional agreed valuations, show and event cover and no admin fees for additional modifications.
Whatever your reasons for owning a vintage or classic bike, you're an enthusiast that knows your push rods from your bevel drives and are dedicated to a biking life of tinkering, polishing and taking part in biking events – for you the joy of ownership runs much deeper that just riding it.
Classic bikes are something special. That’s why our tailored insurance packages are 5 star Defaqto rated and come with 16 common modifications covered as standard. Whether you are looking to insure your modern classic bike or your vintage bike we will search our panel of insurers to find you our best price for the cover you need.
At Bennetts we’ve been trusted by riders for over 85 years, we understand classic bike owners and that’s why our insurance for your classic bike is designed with you in mind.
Our insurance for your classic bike includes the following features:
Vintage, Classic or even Definitive. There is no real definition of the word classic in relation to motorbikes. Bennetts covers a large number of biking brands and types of bikes. Triumph, Norton, Vincent or Royal Enfield are just some of the vintage brands we cover, whilst ex-military, older racing models and vintage bikes are also applicable to the classic insurance product. Your bike has an intrinsic value, excels in design excellence, styling and individualism and your low mileage goes hand in hand with carefully garaging it.
We're a motorcycle insurance specialist, founded in 1930 and so have over 85 years experience and expertise in motorcycling. We have a particular specialism in insurance for your classic bike and have access to a selection of trusted insurers, making sure you have the right insurance to protect you and your classic motorbike.
Getting a quote for your classic bike with us is quick and simple! Our insurance policies also come with the following benefits:
Bennetts also looks to provide our customers with as much information as possible on classic and vintage bikes. Read through our Classic Bike section in Bike Social for regular updates on the industry and reviews from our expert team, or take a look at our Beginner's Guide to Classic Motorcycles.
Prize Draw Terms and Conditions
1. The prize draw is open to all UK residents aged 18 years or over, except employees of the Promoter, their families, agents or any third party directly associated with administration of the prize draw.
2. Upon completion of a quote for insurance for a classic motorcycle that is eligible for the classic benefits (summarised on https://www.bennetts.co.uk/motorbike-insurance/classic-bikes) at www.bennetts.co.uk or over the phone on 0330 041 2174 you will be automatically entered into the prize draw.
3. Only one entry per person is permitted.
4. The opening date for entries is 10.00 am on 26th April 2019. The closing date of the prize draw is 11.59pm on 31st December 2019 in Great Britain. Entries received after this time will not be valid.
5. If for any reason a technical interruption, fault or site failure occurs when completing a quote online, the Promoter does not take any responsibility for incomplete quotes and any incomplete quotes will not be considered valid for entry into the prize draw. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any quotes which are not completed for any reason.
6. A winner will be chosen by random draw performed by a computer process on January 5th 2020("Draw Date").
7. The winner will receive a Ducati 1995 Ducati 916BP.
8. The winner will be notified by email or telephone (using details provided at entry) before 10th January 2020 and must provide a postal address to claim their prize. If a winner does not respond to the Promoter within 5 days of being notified by the Promoter, then the winner's prize will be forfeited and the Promoter will be entitled to select another winner in accordance with the process described above.
9. The prize for the winner is non-exchangeable, non-transferable and no cash alternative is offered.
10. The Promoter reserves the right to replace the prize with an alternative prize of equal or higher value if circumstances beyond the Promoter’s control make it necessary to do so.
11. The decision of the Promoter regarding any aspect of the prize draw is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into about it.
12. The winner's name and county can be obtained by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org within 28 days after the date of the closing date of the prize draw.
13. Participants are deemed to have accepted and agreed to be bound by these terms and conditions upon entry. The Promoter reserves the right to refuse entry, or refuse to award the prize to anyone in breach of these terms and conditions.
14. The Promoter reserves the right to hold void, cancel, suspend, or amend the promotion where it becomes necessary to do so.
15. Insofar as is permitted by law, the Promoter, its agents or distributors will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the winner or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of taking up the prize except where it is caused by the negligence of the Promoter, its agents or distributors or that of their employees. Your statutory rights are not affected.
16. Winners may be required to participate in publicity related to the prize draw which may include the publication of their name and photograph in any media.
17. Personal data supplied during the course of this promotion may be passed on to third party suppliers only insofar as required for fulfilment/delivery/arrangement of the prize.
18. The prize draw will be governed by English law and entrants to the prize draw submit to the jurisdiction of the English courts.
19. The Promoter of this prize draw is Saga Services Ltd, trading as “Bennetts” of Worldwide House, Thorpe Wood, Peterborough, PE3 6SB.