Hello and welcome to Front End Chatter Episode 84, presented for your ears in association with the multi-purposed humanoids of www.bikesocial.co.uk and Bennetts, the bike insurance experts.
And this week, Simon H and Mufga present, for your consideration:
- Moto2 testing from Jerez, and the lap record-shattering debut of Triumph’s 765 engine, plus the emerging sibling rivalry of Marquez and Rossi brothers (ish)
- MotoGP testing gossip from Jerez, including Nakagami’s pace (who?) and the size of Johann Zarco’s... task
- Lewis Hamilton testing gossip from Jerez, including how slow, or not, he is, or isn’t, on a WSB-spec Pata Yamaha R1
- the rights, and wrongs, of police officers hitting scooter-riding criminals with their cars (contentious, this), and what has all this got to do with the Met Office?
- and, speaking of teenager hoolies, a few details from the launch of Kawasaki’s Z125 and Ninja 125
Plus, a selection of your amazing emails, including:
- should I sell my Ducati SportClassic to buy a new Moto Guzzi TT85?
- is PCP better value than buying a bike on a credit card and bouncing it between 0% cards for the life of the repayment?
- is a lightly tuned R1200GS likely to be as chippy as a new R1250GS?
- will JLo and Marquez pinch points off each other in 2019, making a Dovi world title more likely?
- which will be the best naked hyperbike if they end up with a racing class at World Superbike?
- what makes the Kawasaki ZX-10R the winningiest World Superbike?
Thanks for listening, please email your thoughts, musings, questions and anything else you want to us yammer about to:
email@example.com (record is 180 characters, so far)
or do the Twitter/Instagram thing:
@SimonHbikes and @Mufga
And please remember to nominate, via email or the Twitter, your favourite MotoGP race from Dorna’s archive for FEC to review. If that’s actually what you want us to do.
Or if you prefer a direct download, click here. No, not here but below: